You may have heard the term “encapping” when researching carpet cleaning for your facilities, but do you know what it means? It is a relatively new method of cleaning carpet and is much different than traditional wand or steam cleaning that offers a variety of benefits. Read on to learn more.
What is Encapsulation Carpet Cleaning?
Compared to other methods of carpet cleaning, encapsulation cleaning typically leads to far superior results. It is a method of cleaning carpet with minimal water and chemicals that offers deep, restorative cleaning. Encapsulation cleaning uses a special encapsulating cleaner that uses polymers to encapsulate and crystalize dirt and stains so they can be vacuumed away. It provides a deep clean and leaves behind no residue.
Benefits of Encapsulation Cleaning
While encapping offers a deeper, superior clean, it also offers a variety of additional benefits.
- Improved Carpet Appearance – Compared to other methods used for carpet cleaning, encapping removes more dirt and grime, and keeps it cleaner for longer. Conventional methods can leave behind residue that makes the carpet dull and unattractive, but encapping allows dirt and stains to be extracted and makes it difficult for new soil to attach itself to the carpet fibers.
- Faster Cleaning & Quicker Drying Times – Wet methods of cleaning can take an extra day of drying before vacuuming, but with the encapping crystallization process, immediate vacuuming is possible which results in faster cleaning and drying times.
- Less Interruption to Operations – Because large areas can be cleaned faster and more efficiently, and there is no need for hours and hours of drying time, encapsulation cleaning is less likely to interrupt operations of your facility.
- No Residue – Wet cleaning methods can leave behind a sticky residue called resoil. As the water evaporates, the soils remaining at the bottom of the carpet travel up the fibers to the surface making stains reappear. Encapsulation avoids this problem by making the crystals easy to vacuum out with regular dry vacuuming.
- Less Frequent Cleaning – Not only is encapsulation cleaning more efficient at cleaning your carpet, but it keeps them cleaner for longer periods of time, allowing facilities to prolong the time between deep cleanings.
- Environmentally Friendly – Hot water extraction methods of cleaning can take up to 25 gallons of water to clean just 1,000 square feet of carpet, compared to only three gallons of water with encapsulation cleaning. Encapping also conserves energy because it requires no heat.
Is Encapsulation Cleaning Right for You?
Encapsulation is most frequently used in commercial, high traffic environments, partly due to the rapid cleaning process with minimal downtime. If your facilities have carpet flooring, it should be an effective part of your maintenance program.
At Fresh Foam, we understand that one generic cleaning process isn’t the answer to keeping carpets stain-free and spotless. Using the same standard method for every carpet type will not only result in improper cleaning, it may even damage the carpet – and void its warranty. That’s why we do things differently. Are you ready to try encapsulation for your property’s carpets? Trust the expert IICRC-certified cleaning technicians at Fresh Foam! Learn more about our carpet cleaning services then request a free quote today.