The new year is just around this corner, which means this is the perfect time to get your business ready for the upcoming year. There’s no better way to start off the new year than with a clean slate – literally! Unfortunately, so many spaces in a business get neglected, but we’ve created this helpful checklist to ensure that your business is clean, safe, and healthy to start the new year off on the right foot.
- Have Your Employees Pitch In – The best way to have a clean business is to not make a mess in the first place. Ask your employees to clean up after themselves by wiping up spills and throwing away their trash.
- Create a Cleaning Routine – Without a set cleaning schedule, it’s easy to look some cleaning jobs, especially the small ones. Create a schedule that reflects daily, weekly, monthly, and even quarterly cleaning tasks and who is responsible for each item on the list.
- Give Instruction on Cleaning – While you may think that everyone knows how to perform the items on the list you just created, you might be surprised. If they do know how to perform the task, they may not do it in a manner that you were hoping. The way to prevent any confusion on expectations is to give instruction on how you want each task done. They instructions don’t need to be long, but simple to understand so the job can get done correctly and the way you want.
- Purchase the Right Supplies – It’s hard to expect people to do a good job cleaning if they don’t have the right supplies. Just like other jobs, it can be done better when people have the right tools. When creating instructions, make a list of necessary items and cleaning supplies for each task, then purchase things that you don’t have on hand.
- Hire a Professional – Of course you can handle a lot of tasks in house, but if you want to ensure that you’re getting a thorough cleaning of some of those neglected areas, seek the help of a professional. There are a lot of benefits to hiring a cleaning company, and here are a just a few:
- Let your employees keep their workspaces tidy throughout the day, but leave the larger cleaning jobs up to a professional. This frees up your employees to focus on their jobs.
- Save money by hiring a professional to clean instead of paying your high dollar employees to do the job. You can also save money by not having to purchase special equipment and supplies.
- Professionals are trained to clean better. They aren’t called professional without a reason. Professionals know what products and equipment to use and can do it faster and more efficiently without disrupting the flow of the business.
- You will only pay for the services you need. Need your trash chutes cleaned, your elevator shined, your carpets rejuvenated? Let a professional spruce up the areas where you need it the most.
At Fresh Foam we offer a variety of services including trash chute and dumpster cleaning, elevator cleaning, carpet and tile cleaning, dog park cleaning, odor removal, disinfectant services and more. Follow the steps above to keep on top of the routine cleaning, then give us a call to ensure that all of your areas are receiving the specialized attention they deserve so you can keep your New Year’s resolution of having a clean, healthy business.