As the Delta variant of COVID-19 spreads across the U.S. and the world, those of us at Fresh Foam want to help you keep your business as safe and healthy as possible. While none of us know how long the strain will impact our lives, we do know that there are ways that you can keep your employees, customers, and business safe. By understanding the variant and taking precautions to prevent the spread and impact of the virus, we can help protect each other.
Why is the Delta Variant More Dangerous?
The Delta variant is currently the predominant strain in the U.S according to the CDC. It is significantly more infectious and may cause more than two times as many infections as other strains of COVID-19. Recent studies also suggest the variant may cause more serious illness and side effects than previous strains, especially among unvaccinated individuals.
How to Protect Your Business From a COVID-19 Delta Outbreak
The best way to protect your business from an outbreak is to be as proactive as possible. Based on what we know about the variant, there are a series of steps you can take to ensure your business is prepared and doing everything possible to mitigate an outbreak. These include:
- Ask employees and customers to wear a mask – The CDC recommends wearing masks inside to stop transmission.
- Set up a sanitation station – A station right inside the front door that provides face masks for those without, thermometers to ensure a healthy temperature, and hand sanitizer to eliminate bacteria is an effective way to encourage a healthy environment.
- Encourage vaccination – The Delta variant causes more severe side effects, so encouraging eligible people to protect their health by getting the vaccine is one way to slow down transmission.
- Encourage sick employees to stay home or work remotely – Encourage people that aren’t feeling well or who have been exposed to someone infected with COVID-19 to quarantine for 14 days. Those who have been vaccinated should be tested 3-5 days after exposure in addition to wearing a mask indoors for two weeks until they receive a negative test result.
- Disinfect high touch surfaces – Routine cleaning and disinfecting of high touch surfaces will help reduce the likelihood of the virus spreading throughout your facility. High touch surfaces may include light switches, doorknobs, faucets, handrails, elevator buttons, tables and counters, shared computer keyboards and screens, phones, laundry room spaces, gym equipment, and more.
- Hire professional cleaning experts – In addition to the above recommendations, you may also want to consider regular commercial cleaning and disinfecting services that are specific to COVID-19 prevention.
Let Our Team Help You
At Fresh Foam we care about your business and the people in it. While you continue to operate in the ever-changing COVID-19 environment, we can help your business stay clean and healthy by providing commercial disinfecting and cleaning services.
Fresh Foam’s COVID-19 services include general wipedown services that address high touch points throughout your building as needed as well as preventative disinfecting services before and after events such as apartment turnovers, realtor showings, and other large events. We also offer reactive disinfecting services for a confirmed or suspected case of COVID where we seal off the area and provide disinfection of high touchpoints and flooring.
To learn more about how Fresh Foam can help protect your business, employees, and customers from COVID-19, visit us online at https://freshfoam.com/covid-19-services/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.